Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Milwaukee 2694-24 M18 18-Volt 4-Tool Cordless Combo Kit


...Like I was. When I got tired of my Ridgid cordless hammer drill always being dead, I bought this set from TEAM TOOLS and got it for 50.00 more than I paid for the Ridgid drill alone(paid 350.00 for the Milwaukee set).

The drill is light and compact compared to other drills, but has all the power you'll ever need. The hammer setting drills through concrete better than I expected. This is a nice drill and it has outstanding power. The light is a cool add-on, and you may become dependent on it after you use it. The balance is also right on, and it fits nicely into my Milwaukee toolbelt I purchased from Amazon due to it's compact size.

I took the saw out of the box, picked up an old, dried out treated 2x4 and ripped it down. There was no stalling, and it maintained a nice steady speed with no binding. I then took this saw, using the same battery I just used, to rip the 2x4 (twice) an then made a 25' pass across textured plywood siding on a garage. It was still going strong. I then took the same saw and cut several plumb cuts on soffits, 12 total. Yep, still going strong and the fuel gauge still has 3 bars. By the way, the "fuel gauge" option is very nice to have.


I am also impressed with the sawzall. I have an electric sawzall (Milwaukee)and am not sure if I will ever need it again. This cordless version makes up for having no orbital action yet produces higher rpms than the electric model. This saw rocks just as the circular saw does. These are impressive cordless tools and that is no exaggeration. By the way, the sawzall also has the quick change blade system. No more hex keys. Thankfully.

I have not yet tried the flashlight so I cannot comment on this as of right now, although after reading other reviewers complain about the type of bulb it uses, I am certain it is still adequate as a light source when needed.

I can't believe these cordless tools perform this well. I was in the trades when cordless tools first came out and they were nothing more at that point than a novelty item, other than a few drills.

Milwaukee is, and has always been a great tool choice. I've owned several prior to this purchase, and they have lasted for years.

Buy this set, you won't have any regrets.

616002-CHAR-Q-PORTABLE-CHARCOAL-GRILL RED-FREESTANDING-BARBECUE-GRILL-6534301 GREEN-FREESTANDING-BARBECUE-6527301 HBL52-TELEVISION-STAND 530-ROOMBA-VACUUMING-ROBOT MULTIQUICK-3-K650-KITCHEN-MACHINE PLASMAWAVE-5300-AIR-CLEANER EXPRESSION-290300-PERSONALCUTTER LM980-MEGA-SELF-CLEANING-LITTER-BOX DCC-2700-THERMAL-COFFEEMAKER H3044-VACUUM-CLEANER K45SS-STAND-MIXER-WHITE NPP2018-CHAIN-SAW PC-420-PRW-SEWING-MACHINE LUV200R-UPRIGHT-VACUUM F8100900-CARPET-CLEANER TOB-155-TOASTER-OVEN PDT00-12470-REMOTE-DOG-TRAINER XV-11-ALL-FLOOR-ROBOTIC-VACUUM-SYSTEM 870552-ELECTRIC-PRESSURE-WASHER TJ600E-TILLER-JOE-GARDEN J8005-MASTICATING-JUICER FH40010B-BAGLESS-VACUUM V3835-VACUUM-FOOD-SEALER A5-TURBO-PROFESSIONAL-ANIMAL-CLIPPER J-2000-

No comments:

Post a Comment